I'd use the excuse that I have been too busy lately to write, but that would be a lie. Actually, although I have much to write about, and more than enough time, I didn't feel much like writing. I think that sometimes emotions, whether those emotions are anger, sadness, confusion or tiredness, they often keep us from doing the things that we enjoy most.
A month has passed already since I wrote a few lines. I find myself often feeling very ungrateful. I have aloud myself to dwell on the negative things that happen in life...these thoughts creep in and settle in my mind and weigh heavily on my thoughts. Often they keep me from doing the things that I know bring me happiness...like writing.
I am not sure why I experience moments like these...some might call it depression...I don't think this is depression at all, I think it is a way for one's mind to take time to "figure" things out. A "rest" time if you will. I think that the mind needs "growing" time too...and we all know that the body grows best during a good nights sleep!
When I experience these times, I find myself not really doing much that is constructive...mostly just the simple things that don't require a whole lot of thinking. I love to cuddle with my baby boy while he sleeps soundly on my chest, feeling his little breath my cheek. I enjoy lying on the couch, listening to the rest of the family read scriptures and tell stories, while I try to keep from falling asleep next to the Christmas tree lite by white lights and a nice, crackling, warm fire in the fire place. I find that doing the dishes and wiping down sinks, as monotonous as it is, is relaxing and restful.
Reading a good book, jotting down thoughts in my "to do book", making lists...even though I seldom ever accomplish them all...is relaxing and brings me happiness.
My mind feels mostly rested again...
It's time to get back into the swing of things.
Home schooling, cleaning, organizing, preparing, studying...all of the things that I so often take for granted...it's time to start it all again...only this time with a well rested mind and a happy heart...Grateful for the chance to do it!
No comments:
Post a Comment