
We were still partly in boxes (what am I talking about...we are STILL in boxes) when I decided to schedule our family photos.
When I saw the backyard at the "new" house, I knew that it was one of God's little miracles, sent to me to help ease the pain of having to leave such a lovely home. That is what I love most about this place. Upon seeing it, I knew immediately that I wanted to have our family pictures done in the backyard of the "new" house. The whole yard is covered in a big, thick, forest of Elm trees...all of which, at the time we were moving, were turning brilliant shades of yellow and falling to the ground, providing a blanket of leaves for what I hoped would make a good backdrop for some fall family photos.




I was so excited for pictures. It kept my mind from focusing on the move.
Originally I wanted to have our pictures taken at the "old" house next to "Waylon's Tree" in the backyard...it was so beautiful those last few weeks before we moved...(another miracle God allowed us to witness before we had to leave.) However, the day of the photo shoot, not only did it rain, which prevented us from taking pictures next to his tree in the backyard, but the wind had blown just about every leaf off of it. Fortunately, we were able to get a few family photos next to the other tree, planted on his behalf from SRP, in the front yard. Oddly enough, it's leaves didn't change until just days before we took the pictures. In fact the year before, it didn't even turn the brilliant yellows at all...just brown! Another miracle? Hmmmmm!


We did go back to the other house to take a few pictures...just for fun and the memories. In spite of the rain, they turned out pretty good. I suppose it helps having someone who knows what they are doing too. Thanks Tiffany!

So...in preparation for the pictures, which were actually supposed to be taken the next day (she had a family emergency), I put together every one's clothes (they were warned in advance by their dad to..."just do whatever mom wants"), and got my hair done, all the while still packing up the old house and unpacking the new house. If I add in here that it was in my plans to have a Halloween party that next Monday...one would think I was crazy trying to cram it all in...but it was in the plans, and I DID do it...and it was worth it!!!!

It wasn't supposed to rain that day, but it did...RIGHT AS WE STARTED! First the lightning...then the thunder...and then a drip here and a drip there...which is why were were able to at least get a few taken before the skies really opened up and let it all down...including a little hail. A lot of the pictures of the kids were taken on the front porch of the "new" house. Tiffany got wet taking the pictures because she had to stand in the rain while the kids stayed dry under the porch. Oh yea...with the rain, came the cold! Poor Wyndel was so cold her little eyes started to tear.




All in all we had fun.
I forgot to mention that the "telephone guy" that was supposed to fix my Internet service, showed up right in the middle of all of this craziness. We probably should have included him in the pictures too...he was there for a while!
This is my life.
CRAZY...
ALWAYS MOVING...with little time to sit and enjoy...hence the reason I am finally getting to jot a few lines about that crazy day.
But...I have decided, if life wasn't crazy like this, and my days were not filled to the brim with chaos, maybe I would choose to fill them with things of less importance...
I am learning though the importance of SLOWING down. I like the quote from Dieter F. Uchtdorf "...We would do well to slow down a little, proceed at the optimum speed for our circumstances, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most."
I love my family...and although the crazy afternoon that it was, I hope and pray that my kids will remember it as a "fun" "crazy" day that we spent TOGETHER. After all...that is what matters most...that we spent it TOGETHER!

1 comment:
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these pictures! You have a beautiful family!!
Post a Comment