Thursday, February 19, 2009

Will I ever love spring like I used to?

I've had people ask if the holidays are hard since Waylon's passing...and I can honestly say that the holidays are not what triggers the memories for me...it's this time of year! Spring time!
It's family activities outside... together
The weather changing
Birds singing
Wind blowing
Parent/Teacher conferences
Anticipation of Spring Break
Pinewood Derby
Wrestling and Baseball
Scouts
The list goes on...Actually the feelings and thoughts lately are, sometimes, almost unbearable. It's funny how the mind remembers things...how the weather or a certain time of year can trigger the mind to recall certain thoughts.
For the first time, I loaded Winston up into the Polaris Ranger with me and took him for a ride yesterday...something that I don't think that I have done since Waylon's death. We haven't done a family "ranger ride" in a very long time...It was one of Waylon's favorite things to do. So, I guess I can add that to my list..."Ranger Rides"...something that reminds me of that little guy.

I ran into a friend at the doctors office...Winston had to get a few shots...her grand baby was killed in a very unfortunate accident this last year too. She and I and Ed talked for quite some time about the trails death has brought to our families. It was helpful in a way to be able to talk about him with someone who is experiencing similar trials.

So it's spring time...it reminds me a lot of that minute in life that I wish I could just erase. When I hear of the different trials so many are going through right now, it breaks my heart. I so dislike the idea of others experiencing one of those minutes. I wish that there was a way to take all of the hurt away...but I also know that these are learning experiences we all must go through...we must know the bitter, so that we can know the sweet.

Life is sweet...and I do love spring...but it doesn't change the hurt, or the missing.

3 comments:

BuilderBill said...

Spring... Lots has happened in human history in the spring. It is a great time to reflect.

I appreciate the strength and example you and Ed set for me - I love you both very much!

I can't wait to get up there to visit again; maybe help Ed on the garage for a week or so.

Your blog is really shaping up and VERY cool!

Hall Family said...

OH Sarah, I think of you guys all the time...especially this month. I can't believe it will be 1 year. I remember things so vivid in my mind, and every time I think of things, I question why. And yet I know the answers.

I too wish I could take away the pain, but yet I can't. But how grateful I am for a Savior who can.

I just want you guys to know how much we love you, and much you mean to us. You guys have been such a strength and comfort. How similar our story is, and grateful(not that you had to go through this) but that Ed is there for Hal. I know their burdens are heavy and it breaks my heart. But together they are strong!

How are the kids? My kids don't talk much unless I bring Carissa up. It is kind of sad.

I would love to get together. What are you guys doing for his 1 year mark?

Lots of Love, Elisa and family!

Tiffanyrose said...

Sarah, thank you so much for your comment on my blog. that really meant a lot to me,. I am sorry to hear that you guys are going through the same thing. But you have such a brighter perspective on it than I did. I am going to try harder.
I also just wanted to let you know how much I love you and how I am constantly thinking of you, especially this week. I will always remember this week. My prayers are with your family right now.