
Saturday, Will Jaye celebrated his 8th birthday! We had lots of family come for his very special day. Some of that family included: Grandma and Grandpa Ulrich, Grandma and Grandpa Washburn, Uncle Dan and Aunt Michelle and their kids, Jessica, Lincoln, and "Little Abby". Also, Aunt Mary and Uncle Wes and their kids, Steele and Gideon as well as Uncle Bill and Aunt Tina with Lauren and Luke. He was baptized, on his birthday, in the old Snowflake chapel on Main Street. What a neat experience...the building that he was baptized in is around a hundred years old, with such a unique heritage. It's a beautiful chapel...it only added to the very special baptismal service. We are so proud of him! He is such a good kid, and we love him so much!
After the baptism, we had some family and friends over for a nice dinner. Ed smoked a slab of beef, and a turkey. Burnard and Diane (friends of our family) brought some wonderful baked chicken, Mom Ulrich made some yummy cowboy salsa, while Aunt Michelle and I made rolls (Mine were better! Hee Hee!) Mom Washburn made a delicious bean salad and a scrumptious pineapple upside-down cake. Uncle Dan and Aunt Michelle cut up some fruit that was absolutely wonderful. We ate until our belly's were full.
Grandma and Grandpa Ulrich gave him his very own IPod Shuffle, which he is very excited about. Grandma and Grandpa Washburn gave him a remote control Jeep, which he has enjoyed just as much as the Ipod. Ed and I gave him his very own set of scriptures with his name on the front of them as well as his Wolf scout book and a set of Lego's. Some of the other things he received from friends were gift cards to Dairy Queen, Movie Gallery, a foot ball, gliders, and lots of candy...But his absolute favorite...the 3 tubs of cheese balls that Burnard and Diane gave to him.
When I pulled him aside Saturday night and asked him if he had fun and what his favorite part about his birthday was, he said, "The cheese balls!" Why do we make such a huge deal about the toys we buy?!? He was totally content with cheese balls!!!
All and all, I think that Will Jaye's birthday was a day that he will always remember. I know that I will. We have so many family and friends that love and support us, and we appreciate it more than we can express.
What a blessing to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! What a blessing to be a part of such a lovely family!
2 comments:
That was such a fun weekend. I just wish we could have stayed longer.:) I always have such a hard time going home, especially when Steele cried for you the whole way home. In fact he was still saying, "mama, I want to see again Sarah," yesterday. He sure loves you guys! We all do for that matter.
Holy cow he is 8!
I remember when he was a little tiny baby!
Time goes by way fast when you don't see them all the time :)
Happy Birthday Will!
Post a Comment