Wednesday, March 11, 2009

"Stripling Sons..." saved for these days...



How about this crew?



Although this was taken a few months ago, I thought that it was such a rare opportunity to get this many "little men" in their white shirts and ties...I figured that I need to say something about it!

This picture was taken in Mesa AZ, at Mason's baptism. These are all of the "boy" cousins in the Ulrich line.
From left to right...(back row) Jason, Harrison, Ryan, Chase, Wyatt, Wesley (holding Winston)
(front row) Colton, Mason, Will Jaye, Rhett...Waylon (not seen here)...makes an even dozen!

What a blessing to have all of these very special little boys! "...And they were exceedingly valiant for courage, and also for strength and activity...Yea they were men of truth and soberness, for they had been taught to keep the commandments of God and to walk uprightly before him." Alma 53:20-21


I do believe that some of Gods "most choice spirits" are here on earth right now. Look at these beautiful, pure faces. Here to fight a battle between good and evil...without fear!


(back row left to right) Kali, Lexi, Claire, Emma holding chunky baby Quincy, and Brooke
(front row) Hannah, Elli, Reese, Wylee and Lydia...(I keep telling Ed that we need another girl, and that would give us our even dozen for the Ulrich girls too!)


Frequently, I tell my kids, "Put on the 'Armour of God'", "Be prepard", "Choose the right, "Stand up for righteousness", and my favorite,"Just do it because it's the right thing to do"...I am certain that they are sick of hearing it, but, I hope to press upon their minds the importance of standing for something...something good. The world would have us believe that there is no God, there is no life after death, there is no hope...How sad it would be if that were the case. I am grateful to know differently. What a blessing it is to know that there is a God...and that He knows us each personally. I am grateful for my growing testimony. I am grateful for the freedom to choose...and to know what is right from wrong. I am grateful for parents who taught, at a very young age, respect, responsibility, love, kindness, honor, truth, charity, virtue, and that there is a loving Heavenly Father that blesses those whom are faithful.

2 comments:

The Yarn Barn said...

you know if you try for a girl you'll just get another boy. It just works out that way. I'm scared to try again for that reason.

HM (Nana) said...

What a crew! Yvonne and Doug have been so blessed with amazing grandchildren that will truly carry the Gospel forward.

-Aunt Tina