Saturday, February 20, 2010

Fixed the problem????

I don't know if it will work, but I may have fixed the "unwanted attachment" problem in the "leave a comment" section of my blog...we shall see.
So to update this blog I think that I will start with the biggest news of late...
Baby #7
Temporary residence: 1 Mothers Womb
Last seen: February 17, 2010
Note: Baby is very tired as you can see and desires to be left alone however, does not seem to be dangerous except to those in close proximity of it's space (i.e.: is noted to have extremely high kicks which often leave those in kicking range in pain...)
Will not give any ideas as to what color hair, or eyes yet, however we do know that baby has 10 fingers, toes, a brain, a heart and all of the pertinent parts!
We had not intended on finding out the gender of this new little person that will join our family, except that my husband and his exceptionally, quick ability to recognize everything in the ultrasound, saw immediately! Even the nurse was impressed...maybe Ed should be an ultrasound tech.
This isn't the first time this has happened! If my mind recalls correctly, he has done this at every ultrasound! I can't be upset though. He did warn me that his coming to the ultrasound would ruin the surprise...but, I was not about to go alone to something so spectacular! This is only the 2nd time that Ed and I have gone to an ultrasound apt. without extra company and so it was sweet. Usually we bring the children or our parents with us so that they can be apart of the miraculous experience.
The last ultrasound apt., when I was pregnant with Winston, was supposed to be a surprise as well, but, aside from Ed peeking, I think that we were all in need of some exciting news. My mother, Ed and I had just finished dressing and preparing Waylon at the funeral home in Show Low when my doctors office had called to check on me. They asked if there was anything that they could do for us...I quickly jumped on the opportunity and requested to see this new little baby that would come to our home. So after we left the funeral home, we drove up the road to the doctors office and took a peek. I so needed some good news...and although I expected the good news to be a "Girl", to my surprise, it was yet another boy! At first I was a little disappointed with myself for peeking...but, as I said before, I needed some uplifting news and it gave me the chance to switch my thoughts from girl mode to boy mode.
I couldn't imagine it being any different though. He has been the very best medicine any mother, father, brother, or sister could ask for. We ALL needed Winston to happen!!! He is our " little medicine man" and how thankful we are for such a special gift!
So...with Ed knowing the 'big secret', I feared that he might tease me with it the rest of the pregnancy...and I couldn't have that! He would have too much fun at MY experience and that wouldn't be fair one bit! So...now I know!

3 comments:

Miss Tiffany said...

I am so excited for you guys!!!!!! Congrats!

Scott McKinnis said...

Congrat's you guys! It's good to see you back up on the site, and what a way to come back. So now every post has to be at least as exciting as this one....right? =)

Nichols Family said...

So great you guys! Congrats to your family! Hope to see you guys sometime soon!
-Jennie Nichols