We rented a 'cherry picker' to finish the siding on our house that year and decided to use it to pick the apples too...4-6/50 gallon totes, a few milk crates, and a loaded truck bed later, we still hadn't picked everything that was on each of those trees! Thunderpants, our little grey miniature horse devoured all that would fall off of the branches and onto the ground, and the kids took totes full to the Valley to sell to my mom and dads neighbors.
We made apple juice, apple butter, apple sauce and dehydrated some...it was a very busy summer/fall. We just barely finished the last of the apple sauce last week while my brother and his wife and kids were here...we made some yummy 'Apple Sauce Doughnuts'...YUM!!!
1 comment:
Sarah...
Just thought I would tell you that I love you, I miss you and I think of you all the time my friend.
-Molly
Post a Comment