Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Out of the Mouths of My Babes....



A number of years ago, I made a book for my mother for Mothers Day titled..."Out of the Mouths of My Babes". In it I jotted down some quotes from my children or conversations that were, to me, profound or cute. I had intended to add to it over the years, but have made very little progress, if any. My mother and I live far enough apart now that when I do see her, there are so many other things to catch up on, and so the book takes the back seat!
Sadly, I don't have any quotes in it from my little Waylon, or Winston. (Nor do I have any from my baby girl Wyndel, but she isn't saying much at the moment yet!)
Winston has so much to say...Most of it is cute and profound so I suppose I should start jotting it down! I am certain that what I find cute these days (at the age of two), will not be quite as cute when he says it in a few years (at twelve)...and in fact, I might find it rude and/or annoying!

Winston learned how to pray a number of months ago...It is always so precious to hear little children talk with God, I think...Winston knows that when we pray, first we address our Father in Heaven, then we give thanks and ask for things that we might stand in need of and at the end we close in Jesus' name with a big "AMEN!"...But, when Winston begins, each time, instead of "Dear Father in Heaven", he says..."Jesus come in" and proceeds to talk with his Father in Heaven. I found it a little profound the other day as I sat and thought about what he was saying each time he said his prayers to Heavenly Father. When Winston prays, he INVITES the Savior and Father in Heaven to "come in" and listen. He never asks for anything...he simple invites and then gives thanks...and he is thankful for everything! The 'fishies', the frogs, the dogs, the house, the cars and the trucks, the toast and the eggs...the list goes on and on.
It brings me back to the conversation that I had with my dad the other day and being grateful! This little boy already knows the importance of being grateful...even at the young age of two. He may even very well understand the importance of INVITING the spirit to be with him and the importance of having Heavenly Father hear him. What a very important lesson for his Mommy too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome! You have some good kids. They have some good parents who are raising them right!