Tuesday, November 8, 2011

On the move....

It's official, we have turned the keys over to a future...someday...owner of our lovely home. It's so sad in a way...one that I can't exactly describe, but in another way, it's such a relief to have moved forward.

We like where we are right now, but recognize that since it too is for sale, it's just a "rest stop" along this windy, bumpy road in the journey of life.

Let me tell you a little about it.

It's sage green, with white trim and black shutters and lot's of windows! It's darling actually. It has what we have nicknamed, a "Sacred Grove" in the back yard. It's covered in a beautiful, overgrown forest of Elm trees...so thick that my children could actually disappear for a while. The front yard has lots of GREEN grass (something that's hard to come by in this state) and big trees...the kind you could build forts in.

It has 4 bedrooms, all are upstairs...which I actually love because I KNOW where my kiddos are...right next to me! It has 2 full bathrooms upstairs and a 1/2 bath downstairs....which is perfect! There is a couple of storage closets for all of our "stuff" and we have been able to sell what we couldn't fit...a blessing let me assure you! The kitchen has a dinning area with a sitting area connected to it which is perfect for my office so that I can be right next to the kids while they do their homework. The front room...or what Ed has named "The Man Cave" is totally late 1970ish but so much fun! It's all coming back anyway right? We're just one step ahead of everyone else with our decor. It has a yummy warm fireplace that keeps that room so cozy, we seldom leave it. In fact, it is not uncommon to find a few of the kiddo's asleep on the floor or couch next to the fireplace. It is where Ed does his homework and Wylee reads her books. It is where Winston and Wyndel hide and play. It is where we hold our Family Home Evenings and Scripture study. It is perfect.

This actually has been the perfect little resting spot for our little family. It feels wonderful to take a breath...to relax...to refocus. What have I missed these last few years? Life has slipped by me and I've forgotten to live and find "joy in the journey".

Can I tell you how wonderful it feels to decide..."today I am not going to do anything but enjoy."

LIFE...in spite of it's creative and sometimes crummy twists...IS GOOD!

No comments: