Thursday, June 21, 2012

Idaho 2012


DSC_0775.JPG

DSC_0640.JPG
                                                   Driving Grandpa's Old Tractor
       This was one of the projects that the "boys" accomplished and then took for a "test drive"...It took a few days to figure out how to get the old tractor running again...they were some proud boys when they finished though!  A job well done!DSC_0787.JPG

DSC_0781.JPG

DSC_0792.JPG

At Grandma and Grandpa's Farm, there are many treasures to discover...these old screen doors are some of Grandma's most recent discoveries.  Wyatt wanted to climb up into the old "Shep Shop" attic and look for treasures...That pleased Grandma because no one else was quite brave enough to do it...spider webs, dead animals and all.  Up Wyatt went into the dark attic only to find all sorts of neat, old stuff amongst the bones of some animal and cobwebs. 

Amongst the treasures were two very old baby carriages...really neat ones!  I'm certain Grandma will find something fun to do with them. 

(Dig the old "Outhouse" that the screens are leaning against?)
DSC_0774.JPG

Look at these beauties...The two beauties that sit smiling on top of that big handsome animal are my favorite girls...Wylee and Wyndel.  Tiny is the horses name...and as you can see, he was far from tiny, but absolutely beautiful!  This was taken on Wyndel's 2nd birthday after we went to Wendell's Dairy Day Parade in Town.  Tiny was amongst some of the horses that pulled a wagon in the parade.

DSC_0767.JPG

I had to add this one...
It was kind of neat to see these oxen pull this wagon. 

DSC_0761.JPG

Yes that's Ed!  His passion for draft horses and farming has become part of our lives.  He was helping a young man in 4H drive this team in the parade.
DSC_0751.JPG

No need for that expensive fuel...these babies run on all organic fuel!  Look at the fuel prices!!!

DSC_0754.JPG

Here is Tiny again...posing for the camera!

DSC_0730.JPG

DSC_0728.JPG

Watching the parade from the side of the road.

DSC_0726.JPG

The following pictures are of Grandma's Porch...where we spend most of our  time cooking (well I don't cook but Ed and Grandma do...and they do it well) eating, resting, gabbing and just plain enjoying ourselves.  The pictures just don't do it justice. 

I wish I had a similar talent to grow flowers and be this creative with what most people would consider junk and toss it without ever seeing it's true potential.  My mother-in-law is just this creative!

DSC_0695.JPG

These are just some of Grandma's creative projects and darling decor on her back porch...The bed is suspended in air.  Grandma found this idea and Grandpa helped her make it!  ...Wesley and Will slept outside the first night we arrived.  They loved it!  It was still a little too cold for me to attempt!

DSC_0713.JPG

More of Grandma and Grandpa's finds.  All of the rusty metal...horse shoes, rake ends, tools, ect. were collected from the farm.  Random pieces here and there that spread from one end of the Homestead to the other!  Cool I think!  Even many of the pots and chicken watering cans that her flowers and plants are growing in were collected from the farm!

DSC_0714.JPG

DSC_0709.JPG

That umbrella looking thing that hangs above here porch is an old satellite dish that acts as a shade as well as a trellis for the grapevine that will eventually...come July...cover the whole dish!  It adds such an elegant touch to the porch...Who would have ever guessed!?

DSC_0707.JPG

This is the famous "Fish Gutting" spot!  This is where all of the fish that we have been fortunate enough to catch are gutted and prepared for the smoker!  Mmmmm!  I love fresh fish!!!

DSC_0705.JPG

DSC_0704.JPG

DSC_0687.JPG

DSC_0692.JPG

Even at nighttime it's lovely!  All of the lights look like lightning bugs...it's magical.

DSC_0625.JPG

DSC_0624.JPG

...And there they are...true fishermen with their finds!  Look at the size of those Golden Trout!

DSC_0630.JPG

DSC_0622.JPG

Yes, I know it's sideways...but I couldn't figure out how to change it.  Look at Winston's cach!  A 10 pounder...caught with a little Spiderman fishing pole!  hahaha!

DSC_0587.JPG

DSC_0586.JPG

DSC_0585.JPG

We had so much fun!  Wish that we could have stayed just a little longer!
As soon as I get the rest of the pictures from my new camera downloaded, I will post more about our trip! 
Idaho is truly one of our favorite places to visit as a family!  Lot's of memories!

1 comment:

Andee said...

Wow, how neat! It seems to me that your little family would SO fit in that environment! Such a cute cowboy family you guys are! And I am seriously impressed with the porch!