It's that time of year again...
SUMMER
I love this time of year (even more than Christmas!)...
The memories are so sweet for me.
Camping trips (the few that we did when I was a kid, and the few that we have done with my own family.)
Over-nighters in the backyard
The smell of fresh cut grass and alfalfa
The cool night time air while driving past an open alfalfa or cotton field (or orange grove...when they existed!).
Late nights watching movies with family and friends (especially in Roy and Lana's backyard...open fire, roasting marshmallows and a big screen TV watching a movie in the cool evening air...mom and dad can snuggle, kids can run wild...what's better than that?!)
BBQ's
Road trips to Idaho...especially when we go through the small towns in Utah and visit cousins and Grandma's and Grandpa's!
"Ranger Rides"
Wagon Rides with "Waylon's Wagon"
Extended stays in the Valley...we love to visit our cousins and other family members!
The frogs croaking after a good irrigation.
The birds chirping in the EARLY hours of morning.
The sunrises and sunsets!
Twilight walks
Cool green grass
Tire Swings
Peaches...canning, and eating them!
Ice cream!
Viking Burger!
Watermelon, cantaloupe, grape and strawberry salads! YUMMY!
Baseball games at the ballpark right next to my house...with shaved ice and red vines!
Although I'm not much of a swimmer now, I remember enjoying it as a kid!
The list goes on and on...
But my absolute favorite thing about summer...

THE FABULOUS FOURTH OF JULY!
I love everything about this holiday!
It's a time that, as a family, we get together and celebrate this great nation and what it stands for and family and what they stand for! To say that I love it is actually an understatement!
If only every day could be like the 4th of July!



No comments:
Post a Comment