Thursday, May 17, 2012

My New Best Friend...?

Let me tell you a little about her. I've been introduced to her on a number of occasions throughout my life by friends, family members and even strangers, but I don't think that she remembers me..I think she may have Alzheimer's because she's always trying to reintroduce herself to me like she's never met me before and although I know who she is, she really has a difficult time remembering me. Since September, she's started coming around more often.  She's very faithful.  She likes to come around about once a month to check on all of us.  She is very Loyal, and she loves to share too.  She seldom ever keeps anything from us and makes sure that we all get a piece of whatever she has to share!  She loves my family very much and it is apparent to me that she may love us more than the other families she visits.  (Personally, I think that my family is her VERY FAVORITE!)
Recently, she came to visit and decided that she would stay for a while.  Her natural tendency of staying a day or two turned into almost a week!  I don't mean to be rude, but sometimes these longer visits overwhelm me....A LOT!  She NEVER cleans up after herself, in fact, I am usually left with a lengthy amount of chores to do not just while she is visiting, but most often for days after she has left!  The last time she visited, it took me weeks just to catch up with the laundry she used! 
Sometimes, I find that she can be rather expensive too.  She usually doesn't have a clue what she needs or wants!  Last time she visited I spent almost $200 just trying to figure out what was needed to help fix her problems!  She has many you know!
I've found that she isn't very nice either.  I've noticed that she likes to pick on one person more than another.  She really can be a BuLLY!  She especially likes to pick on my Wyndel lately!  Maybe it's because Wyndel is so little and sweet.  Wyndel is a tough little girl though and she takes her teasing and bullying with few complaints! 
This new friend is what my husband calls a "crony"!  She clings to us like she is our best pal ever.  By definition, a crony is just that..".a close friend especially of long standing"...And believe me she's been around for a while...but, I am discovering that she is more of a "Wolf in Sheep's Clothing" or more of a "Clinger".  She clings to those that are more vulnerable and fragile.  Don't get me wrong, she may be loyal, and she may share, but she certainly isn't what I would ever call a friend.
I looked up the word friend, and she doesn't fit those qualities at all.
A "Friend" is someone attached to another by affection or esteem.  One that is not hostile.  One that favors or promotes something (as a charity). 
This so called new best friend isn't a friend at all.  She is none of those things that the word "friend" defined!  She is not charitable.  She is not kind.  She is not affectionate.  She can be rather hostile at times~ which is the opposite of what a true friend is!  So, I suppose this so called "best friend" is more like a "best foe"!  In fact I think that I might actually consider her my life long ENEMY!  I am not ashamed to say that I don't like her...at all!  She is horrible, mean, inconsiderate and even expensive!
She came to visit us again last night.  I think that I am going to ask her to leave today!  I am tired of cleaning up her messes, spending money on her questionable behaviors and trying to fix her problems! 
I AM THROUGH WITH HER!  GOOD RIDDANCE!

As a fair warning to all of my "real" friends out there, she's often referred to as a "Bug", "Sickies", "Virus", "Flu", "Cold", "Bacteria" ...oh she has many alias'.  She is very cunning and deceiving!  Don't be fooled!  Stay away from those who entertain her...she's hard to get rid of!

As a side note, I hear that she really dislikes Clorox and Lysol!  She LOATHES them about as much as I LOATH her! Hee hee!

Happy CLEANING to me and my friend Lana.... AGAIN!!!!


Dedicated to my Real Best Friend...Who shares the same stressful life right now...Lana  Lou!

3 comments:

Amelia said...

This was great. I jumped all around in my head trying to figure out who your friend was and never did guess it! I should have though because we've had a friend like that visiting us since the beginning of autumn. I thought she was gone too when spring got here, but then I got strep throat and a kidney infection followed by a yeast infection and an allergic reaction to who knows what since I was on so many things! My baby is seven months old and he's been sick seven different times. I hope summer brings some relief to all of you!

Andee said...

Wow... you really had me going there, but my guess what a PET! HAHA!

Tina said...

Your friend has come to visit the Cheney Clan in North Carolina! Thanks for the heads-up! She is quickly wearing out her welcome, and we are looking forward to the red taillights as she leaves.

We miss your family so much, Sarah. Wish you were closer. I am sending an article for Ed on the State Championship Plowing Contest on June 2 in Linden, NC. The plow teams are magnificent, but the one Percheron team really reminds us of Ed. Some day, young lady, we will figure out how to get your family here for a visit.

All our love, Aunt Tina