Saturday, May 12, 2012

Sometimes there are posts written by others that just inspire me to write!  I enjoy reading other peoples stories.  Sometimes their stories help me to remember that my current "trial" is not really that bad and sometimes they inspire me to be/do better.

All and all, when I find a moment in my day to sit down and read, I really do enjoy the inspiring words.

So much in the last few months has changed in our home again....

My father was diagnosed with Cancer in March.  He has begun the long road of Chemo Therapy.  He is sick often and so tired.  It's difficult to see him with very little energy.  He is a very active person by nature.  He told me one day..."I feel like I have a very bad case of Morning Sickness!"

My mother spends her days with my dad...but, I don't think that she would have it any other way...(they have a love and a respect for each other that is very different from other couples).  She sits in the bedroom doing Family History work on the computer while he sleeps...just to be close to him.  The cares of the day and the house work somehow find their way to the back burner...the way it should be when a loved one needs our help.  Miraculously though, at the end of the day, the work that needs to be done... the yard work, the cleaning, the laundry...it all gets done whether through the help of ward members, friends, neighbors or family ( they serve because it's what they CAN do and they really WANT to help).  Sometimes Heavenly Father holds back the hands on the clock long enough for my mother to get a few extra things done.  Sometimes Heavenly Father strengthens my father long enough to allow him a chance to do something more than rest for the day. And sometimes Heavenly Father reminds that it's just house work and it doesn't matter as much as the service that's being given and that make it less overwhelming when it doesn't get done.  Either way,  when you are on the Lords errand...doing the things that He would have you do...the rest really doesn't matter as much!  I have no doubt my mother is doing EVERYTHING that the Lord would have her do so that my father can experience good health again.  She is a Great woman of faith and example of enduring well!  She loves my father so much!

My dad, I know, worries about her.   He loves her just as much and maybe even more!

They are enduring this battle and it's good to have wonderful examples like them so close.

I don't speak with them as much...I talk with my mother almost everyday, but it's different than it used to be.  Our time is filled with different things now.  Hers with my fathers needs, and mine with the business of my family.  My thoughts are consumed I think too...maybe with worry, maybe with anger, maybe with nothing!!  Either way we speak, but not like we use to.  I'm sure it's just a moment in time.  It will be better again.

Skipping forward...the last few weeks have been STRANGE to say the least. 

Wyndel has had Pneumonia 2x's since January with a case of  Bronchitis in between and just recently a nasty case of the Stomach Flu...which in the doctors opinion, should have landed her in the ER for some re hydration! 

Now my Winston has it!  Yuck!  It's been a while since I have had to clean up throw-up blankets, clothes, towels, pillows...you name it it's been pucked on...not to mention, now the dreaded case of "Montezuma Revenge" has begun for my little man!  Poor kid!  I wish this bug would just leave us alone! 

I must have had a touch of it myself, and it lasted almost a week...however, one would have to wonder because it came on not long after receiving a positive sign on a pee stick!  WHAT??????

"How does this happen?!" my husband asks/exclaims!  Well, I could go into detail...but I am certain he already knows!  SIGH........(from both of us!)

So here we are...Dad has Cancer, Kids are sick I just celebrated my 38th birthday **Sigh**....with the news that I am an OLD MOTHER....again!

Happy are we, Happy are we...(really we are)

More to come later...




3 comments:

Transplanted Italian said...

Sarah, I'm crying. I think that crying is truly a complex act sometimes. It is not necessarily what we read, not just that, not always at least. It is how what we read connects with who we are and what we are facing in our lives.
So I think that is also how the Spirit works. When I feel the Spirit, I feel love, that is the most frequent feeling I experience when feeling God's presence in my life, I feel His love.
And when I read your words, I feel that love. You are basically a stranger to me but I know you through the Spirit.
I have come across many blogs in the last few years, but there are a few a just keep going back and it is the connection I feel I have made with the writer. Some of those blog are very popular and the chance to actually being listened to by the author is small. I am grateful your blog is not that way (yet...who knows...you might be the next Kelle Hampton...JK).
I am grateful I can comment here and know you read and hopefully feel how grateful I am for you.

Your pregnancy...humbles me.
Here I am selling baby stuff on craiglist and getting frustrated with how slow it is...and the Spirit wants to talk to me but I am too busy, then I read your post and you remind me of what life is about.
And craiglist is fine and okay...but..Congratulations for this new life!
God loves you.
You are a daughter of Eve.
I hope someday to be counted among women like you.

Tiffanyrose said...

Did I read that right?!! You are having a baby?! EEEEEEEE!!!!!! That is fantastic!!

Amelia said...

Wow. I'm so sorry about what your family is going through because of the cancer...and I'm so happy you're adding another W! You are a SAINT, woman!