Sunday, August 24, 2008

Our Newest Addition








Growing...
















Growing...











Growing...






We are very blessed to have little Winston Edward here safe and sound. I am sure that Heavenly Father must miss him already though...Winston is a very pleasant little person. He loves when we talk to him and loves to hear stories about his big brother, Waylon. However, I am certain he's already familiar with the stories...and I am sure that he could tell us more, being that he just left him from the other side. We love him so much and look forward to watching him grow.


How precious life is...It is amazing how differently we look at things now. I wonder how Waylon would have responded to a new little brother. Would he have been jealous, like Will Jaye was when Wylee came along, or would he have loved, kissed and doted over him?


Waylon was still such a baby himself. I frequently watch other 2 year-old children and recognize how different he really was...he wasn't slow, but he really didn't talk like other little ones. He was an observer. He watched and listened. He was so serious and quiet, and very pleasant. He always had a concerned look on his tender little face. Did he know? Did he converse frequently with our Father in Heaven and the Angels that waited for him on the other side? The morning of the day that he left our presence, we had our picture taken as a family. It was a spur of the moment picture, taken by the kids principal at an award ceremony at the elementary school. We all looked at the camera, waiting for our picture to be taken. All of us except Waylon...he was watching something else...he always had something else on his little mind. In many of our pictures, he is looking elsewhere. Ed once said that he really felt like Waylon was just asking for a little more time to "hang" with his family. I can't help but wonder. I know that he loved his family...especially his daddy!

I do believe that Waylon knew it was his time to return to our Heavenly Father. It doesn't, however, make it any easier. I miss him desperately as does his Father. He had such a sweet personality...


This whole trial has been such a bitter sweet experience...Although a tragedy, we recognize the blessings that Heavenly Father has so graciously given to us. I mentioned some tender mercies that happened the day of and the days that followed his death in a "thank you" note to all of those that attended the funeral and to those whom served our little family during those few weeks after. Those were just a few of the miracles that have taken place. I know that our Heavenly Father loves us...I know that He is watching over each of us very carefully. I have never asked why...I don't really understand still, but, I do know that Heavenly Father is in control and I know He knows what is best for us. I know that our Family will be together again. I also know that we have to be doing our part so that we can be together.


I suppose that is where I often feel like I am falling short. Am I doing my part? It has become so hard to find time to "study, ponder, and pray." Especially with a new little baby. I find that I am often so tired physically and mentally to do much of anything, especially at the end of the day. I find excuses to put off doing certain things I know that I should do...like personal scripture study. And so I continue to try...I have to. I want to endure. I want to see Waylon again.

2 comments:

Tiffanyrose said...

Sarah, I believe that because you WANT so badly to see Waylon again that it is impossible for you not to. Because you have that desire you are doing the things that will let you hold him again whether they are consciously or not. Your example to others through this whole trial is a testimony of that. I believe with my whole heart your little man will be there waiting for you to finish your job in raising him when our Saviour comes again.

Anonymous said...

Winston is such a little cutie pie! You need to post some more recent pictures! You should join Facebook.com and come see Becky's and my wall.
-Eric Hooper