I started, after Wylee was born, tape recording our children's voices. Once, I captured Wylee saying her prayers on tape. She was only 2 years old at the time, and boy, did she have the sweetest little voice. I wanted to capture all of their little voices on tape so that someday, when they grew older, they too could remember how simple and sweet childhood really was.
In November 2007, I found my little tape recorder. It had been packed in a box, in our little trailer for the last few years. I got it out and began recording some of Waylon's favorite words...Daddy, tractor, grandma, grandpa, etc. Unfortunately, my little recorder didn't hold up very well in the move. It wasn't until after Waylon's passing , while frantically searching for the tape with his little voice on it, that I discovered it wasn't working right. To my dismay, I can barley make out many of the words that he recited for me. I wished that I had bought a digital recorder for myself!
It was such a relief to find this little video...who knew that only two months later, it would be our last little video of him. I find myself wanting to capture moments with baby Winston, knowing that time flies quickly. I love to listen to his little baby coos. I love to hear him as he is discovering his voice. I love to hear his little breath next to my ear while he sleeps.
I wonder if Father in Heaven knew how often this little video would get me through...just being able to hear that tender little breath just one more time.
4 comments:
Precious. I don't know how you feel about talking to others who have gone through what you and Ed have gone through, but if you do, I have a roomate from college going through a very similar tradgey. Let me know.
Sara, I'm so happy I found you have a blog! Your children are so beautiful! I'm going private on my blog in a few weeks so if you want an invite send me your email address at nichols.jennie@gmail.com. I loved reading about your family and getting caught up.
-Jennie (Player)
Sarah, We are thinking about you guys! I need to call you and we should get together it has been a little while! It seems we are both busy, and I know how that goes. We pray for your family, and I think of Waylon and the kids often. I think of how Ed is doing, and mostly about you! Our thoughts are probably similar, just you have a few months on me. Anyway, lets get together soon! Love, Elisa
I think I read you all live in Taylor. My husbands parents live up in Holbrook and we're there all the time! Email me your email address so I can get a hold of you. See above.
Post a Comment