Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Throwing stones again?!?!

...apparently, throwing dirt clots and rocks is a fun thing to do. Recently, we had a load of dirt dropped in our front yard so that we could level out the lawn. The kids thought it was fun throwing the dirt clots into the air and watching them splat onto the ground, leaving brown clouds of dust behind. Eventually, the game turned into target practice! One would think after getting nailed a few times, the game would stop! NOPE! It continued, until Will Jaye finally came inside screaming that he had been hit in the back of the head. Apparently, Wesley got mad and it turned into a full blown war between the two... Wesley won...so he thought, until mom found out! Both got into trouble, and I thought the issue had been resolved...until today at scouts. The game of throwing dirt clots and rocks had begun again...it wasn't enough to be hit once in the head...Will had to go for a second , only this time right between the eyes...needless to say, I think he finally understands, why we don't throw rocks! He has the biggest black and blue goose egg on his forehead.

I tried to relate the story of David and Goliath, but they just looked at me like I was crazy.

While we were getting ready to say our family prayers this evening, Will Jaye was laying on my bed starring at the fan with a silly smile on his face...at first the goofy look he had on his face concerned me. I thought maybe he was dazed still from the blow to the head. Turns out that he was just reminiscing about Waylon.

He started to giggle and rolled over to ask Wyatt..."do you remember when we were saying prayers that one time, and Waylon jumped onto the plastic bag and popped it and it made paper fly every where?" Will could hardly contain himself...he just laughed and laughed, which got Wyatt going. Wyatt then asked Will, "do you remember when he pulled all of the handy wipes out of the handy wipe box and threw them every where?" Then Wesley asked, "how about the time when he filled the toilet full with toilet paper and kept flushing it." They were having so much fun remembering and laughing at the silly little things that Waylon did. It was fun to watch them and listen to their little conversation.

I guess it isn't just Ed and I that miss the little squirt. Clearly they miss him too.

I am so grateful for the fun memories we all share. I am grateful Heavenly Father loves us enough to remind us of the fun times we had with "Little Man". I find things daily that he left behind to remind us that he is still apart of our family. Match box cars in the front yard, photographs, art work on the walls, etc. I am grateful that the other kids find the memories just as precious as I do.

1 comment:

Nichols Family said...

So special Sarah. We will be up north again for Christmas time. We'd love to come by and see you when we're up that direction. Email me your information at nichols.jennie@gmail.com if you will be in Taylor for Christmas.
Jennie N.