Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A Tribute to Family...



The best family in the whole wide world?

Yes, I do think so.

Sometimes I wonder if we had a part

in picking the families we know.






I think we did. We shared lots of love

in that place that we used to call home.

With mothers and fathers, sisters and

brothers and others that we had known.




What joy fills my heart when I think of the

love, that binds us together as family.

God's special promise... if we make and

keep cov'nants...together for eternity.


But, only through covenants made in a temple

can we be sealed together.

My family's important...I love them so much.

I want them with me forever!



God's planned for us, a home up above,

so that we can be together.

His plan includes me, a daughter of God

My husband, my sisters, and brothers.



My children, my parents, my grandpa and grandma,

my aunts and uncles too.

My nieces and nephews, my in-laws and cousins

these are only a few.







Life with my family extends beyond just

the family I have under my roof.

There are many included in this branch of my tree

all one has to do is look.



We can find we're connected to others since past

beyond that veil so thin.

In a place we'll all dwell, in a home up above

united together with Him.


Looking forward to the day when we shall meet again...

In Memory of my sweet "Little Man" and all of those whom reside with him on the other side.

4 comments:

Hall Family said...

This is SO sweet, Sarah. We think of you guys so often. It looks like you guys had a GREAT 4th of July. I am so glad. I love that poem. You always write such loving, and heartfelt things, I just sit and read and cry and wish that I could express myself as well as you. I feel your struggles and your pain. Wish I could take it all away! We love you, and are always there for you guys! Love, The Halls!

ClayandAmeeHensley said...

How sweet Sarah..You always do such a good job. You do have a great family. What a special dedication to them. We love you guys and think of you quite often.. We need to get together before this summer is over..

Andrea said...

Sarah:
Thanks for the sweet comments on the blog. We got Wyatt's molds bronzed at a place in Alpine Utah. Adonis Bronzing is the name of the company and the address and phone number is...450 Alpine Highway
Alpine, Utah 84004
(801)763-9700 . It's also known as the Alpine Arts Museum. They did a great job. Just so you know the white plaster molds will get some stains on them but I think it's worth doing. I now don't have to worry about them breaking. They also gave me the molds they used so if I wanted to I could make more molds. I hope that helps.
So, so sorry for your loss. Oh, it's so hard sometimes isn't it? Sending a hug your way.
Andrea
Wyatt's mommy

The Filhart Family said...

Gosh Sarah. You are truly a writer!