I finished organizing and packing our office and Wylee's room. What an accomplishment I must say! Now that that is done, I can move on to the boy's rooms and my craft room. Wylee is excited because now her room will stay clean...she only has 2 dolls and a stuffed animal to play with! I know, MEAN MOTHER! But, I must say it feels good to have at least two rooms down! The boys don't seem to mind much either. They look at this as an opportunity to have a clean room too...I think.
People keep asking when they see the boxes..."Are you really moving?" "Why are you going?" "Where will you go...back to the Valley?"
My answers..."Yes! We really are moving...when? I don't know!" Why? "We are looking for a new adventure...well, we weren't really looking for another adventure, it's just the way it turned out..." "Where will we go? Wherever the Lord sees fit...maybe the Valley, Idaho, or Taylor...I guess we will find out soon enough."
It's amazing how the Lord works...always preparing for us something better when we let him. It may not always appear better at first when looking at the "seamy side" of things. But when the full design is revealed, what a grand picture it is! I believe that! Elder Melvin J. Ballard compared a beautiful rug being woven to life and how the ravelings and ends showed on the seamy side, but when he stepped around to the other side, it was another picture. "It was the same operation, the same things exactly, only this was the design side. The color was blending; the figure was developing. There was not any failure there..." "We look at sorrows like death and we think they are tragedies, but we are only looking at things from the seamy side. There is another side to the picture, the designers side-God's side. And there are no blunders there. Some day we will see it."
I recognize that Heavenly Father continues to work on ME...fixing my imperfections one imperfection at a time. In the words of John Taylor, "It is necessary men should be tried and purged and purified and made perfect through suffering."
I am willing to accept this adventure...It's sad to me...I don't like the idea of leaving this town, my ward, my friends, this HOME...MY HOME! This is the last place I watched my sweet baby boy play, this is where my precious Waylon's buried, this is where so many sad and wonderful, memories and traditions were found. But, I know that Heavenly Father desires to see me happy. He wants something better for us. I truly believe that...and if we will let Him work...well, we will see that the future holds many more blessings.
Here's to NEW ADVENTURES!
I
2 comments:
Sarah and Ed
We wish you guys the very best, where ever life takes you. You guys have been such great examples to us, and have been there when we needed you most. I know things don't happen by coincidence, and that the Lord has a hand in all we do. I love to read your posts, they always lift and inspire me to do better. We need to get together and catch up on everything. Call me soon! We love you! Hal and Elisa
wherever and whenever you are going, we need to go on a date before you do. We haven't seen you guys in forever, funny how life takes you seperate ways. Call us, I'll help ya pack if ya need. I know I'll need help,keep smiling :)
Post a Comment