Friday, September 10, 2010

Blessings...

It's a blessing to have such a large family...


(Wyndel Sarah-Jane 1 1/2 months old...dress, booties, and blanket made by Sister Marie Hancock)


(Wylee Elisabeth...Wendell Idaho...after fishing and picnic...enjoying the cool, green grass)

This last weekend, as a family, we enjoyed Wylee's baptism and Wyndel's blessing. This is the second time that we have had the opportunity to baptise one of our children and bless another all in the same weekend. Wesley and Waylon shared the same day for their baptism and blessing, about 5 years ago.


Wylee, and Wyndel September 2010

The first two of "My Three White Dresses"

As always, we received so much support from our families. I say as always, because we (ED and I) have two of the very best families in this world~Both of our families have supported us through happy times and sad, stressful times and joyous ones.

We often receive compliments about our families and the support that each offers...and since this last weekend, I have received and continue to receive many great compliments about our families.


During Testimony meeting, our friend and Bishopric member, bore his testimony about families and recognized ours in his remarks. Later, during Sunday School, a few of the nursery leaders and primary teachers recognized that our primary had doubled, thanks to the support of our families. Then in Relief Society, each of my sisters (in laws included) and mother were recognized for their support...in fact, since most everyone already knew each of them because of their frequent visits, they were accepted as members of our Taylor 8th Ward Family...NOT visitors!


Oh how I love my family...If they only knew how precious they are to me!


I am often asked the same questions over and over..."How do you handle all of them?", "Have you recovered from ALL of your guests?", "Do you enjoy ALL of the chaos?"

My response to the latter...I LOVE THE CHAOS!...And no...I never recover from my family leaving! In fact, lately, I find myself looking for things left undone, behind, or unorganized because of them. It feels safe and comforting to me to find "pieces" of them left here...weird, I know!


I still look for "pieces" of Waylon~ left here for me to discover in the most difficult times...how then would it be any different...(except for the fact that I know most of my family is just a few hours away and I can see them if I get in my car and drive to them.) They are just as important to me as Waylon is.

***I found a few pieces of family, left behind this weekend, courtesy of: my dad, little Lily, Kenyon, Lukester, and my mother...and I'm still finding!***

Thanks.....
Mom...for leaving me cards to mail
Lily...a tiny shoe under my desk
Kenyon and Luke...loads of dirty socks
Dad...the dirty towel and wash rag on my closet door handle

I love you guys!

I have always had this special love for my family. I can't remember a moment in my life when my family wasn't important to me.

Now I have my own family...7 children, and a husband...and with my husband came another set of parents, more siblings, aunts and uncles, and grandparents. I love them just the same. I didn't know it was possible to love so many...

FAMILY~HEAVEN ON EARTH

1 comment:

The Filhart Family said...

I love you too! We really are lucky, aren't we? Wes and I had one of the greatest times this weekend, it seems that everytime we come it just keeps getting better. Thanks for always being so willing to open your doors to us, I hope one day my house will be a house of chaos as well!