We didn't do a whole lot for "Little Mans" birthday. It was his 5th yesterday. Boy does time fly! I can't believe how quickly the time passes...and yet it seems, at times, that it wasn't that long ago!
We made chocolate cupcakes with German chocolate frosting...They were especially good with vanilla ice cream! We sang "Happy Birthday", and had family home evening (we talked about goals). It wasn't really what I had in mind for a 'party', but sometimes those are the best kind. Simple, quiet and relaxing...And as Ed says..."I think he understands just fine!" Although I feel like a bit of a 'dud' mother, because I would have liked to have thought up something different and more "fun", I will have to agree with Ed...I am sure that he understands just fine! I know that he knows that I think of him often and that is what matters most!
I found a tape of the kid's voices a few days ago. We listened to it for a while that night...Oh, what a sweet surprise to hear his little voice (he was just a tiny baby) cooing and sometimes crying in the background. I like finding those kind of surprises!
One time I found one of his socks behind the headboard of my bed! Hooray! That was a great day! Silly I know~
HAPPY 5th BIRTHDAY WAYLON!
2 comments:
Sarah! You have got to be the STRONGEST person I know! And no, it's not silly at all that it makes your day to find his things!!!! About a year ago and again this past week, I found a dime on the ground. I don't know if I had read it on your blog a while ago or not about you finding a dime and thinking of Waylon, but both times I have found a dime on the ground I have thought of you and just stopped to say a quick prayer for you! Keep your head up and stay strong! The sweet tender mercies!!!!
He and Porter are just a few months apart.I think of Waylon often, very often. I watch Porter and wonder about Waylon. And then I think of you guys and how much I look up to you and love you. Happy Birthday Waylon
Post a Comment