Tuesday, January 11, 2011

1/11/11

Wow...that doesn't happen very often! What a cool birthday...speaking of... it's my Grandmothers birthday today! What a wonderful lady too.

Some memories of her...

White trailer that she and my grandpa would haul down to the Valley and stay in for weeks in our driveway when we lived on Poinsetta.

Breakfast~often she would ask each of us kids, one a time, to eat with them. It was kind of a special breakfast date with Grandma and Grandpa. Breakfast usually consisted of eggs, bacon/sausage, toast w/homemade jams and jellies, and orange juice~often fresh squeezed and served in tiny glass cups with a design etched in the glass. They made us feel soooo special!

Strawberry gum~it came in a strawberry basket (just like the strawberries come in from the grocery store) and everything!

Her perfectly painted pink nails! She always has a perfect manicure.

She has the most spectacular tan and the prettiest legs of anyone I know! I think that it came from all of the golfing she and grandpa enjoyed!

She has a very classy appearance. ALWAYS dressed nice from head to toe!

Getting her hair done...

Her twinkly smile...and the little wink that follows when she is especially pleased! She always smiles!

Singing "Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so...."

Her love for the Savior....

Summer Vacation Bible School....Erin, Heidi, Becky....do you remember?

Her unbelievable green thumb!!!

The backyard! Green grass, beautiful flowers, vegetable plants, and the rose bushes!!!

Afghans....always crocheting some sort of blanket! I never could have imagined that it would one day mean so much to me. She made a beautiful white blanket for my babies to use at each of their blessings. Each of them used it on their special day...When we buried Waylon, we buried it with him. When she found out and with only a few months left before Winston was born, she quickly made another for me to have...Winston and Wyndel used it on their blessing day. What a very special memory.

Pretty things...she loves pretty things...angles, flowers, lace, ribbon...

Precious Moments.

Tickles under babies chins!

The Bon and Hallmark...

Pretty birthday cards.

Bowling...

Singing at her 50th Wedding Anniversary

Eating on the patio at her house.

Swinging in the swing hanging from the tree in her backyard.

The smell of coffee and coffee mugs.

Green eyes.

My middle name.

Rummy Cube

Gin Rummy/cards

Crochet stocking for Christmas...I still remember those! I wonder if any of those stockings are still around...???

I am certain I will think of more, but have enjoyed the walk down memory lane for the last while...

I Love You Grandma! Happy Birthday!!!

2 comments:

G-MOM said...

How fun. Beautifully done. Remember the Christmas' and Birthdays celebrated at our house with and for them. Remember sleeping downstairs for their Anniversay and the wall-to-wall bodies. Thanks for the Memories. Love you more.

G-MOM said...

How fun. Beautifully done. Remember the Christmas' and Birthdays celebrated at our house with and for them. Remember sleeping downstairs for their Anniversay and the wall-to-wall bodies. Thanks for the Memories. Love you more.