It's Waylon's birthday today...his 6th to be exact.
(I've lost my camera and have no other way to take pictures except by cell phone. So, I guess this will have to do.)
Winston and I went to the store and picked out some balloons...a yellow smiley face balloon and 6 colored balloons.
(Waylon's 2nd birthday)
Crazy...I found this picture after Winston and I had already picked out balloons for Waylon. I guess 'smiley faced' balloons were just the right thing!
Waylon's hand cast before we had it bronzed

We enjoyed the arrangement of balloons as a centerpiece on the table this evening. We had party just for him. Tomorrow we will let the balloons go at the cemetery.
The Owens Family came over to celebrate with us again. They are some of our very best friends and we wouldn't have it any other way. They are family! They have been with us through thick and thin and we love them! We ate pizza and cupcakes with blue frosting! Mmmmm!
Wylee and I tried to figure out what we could use to hold the balloons in place and finally came up with Waylon's very own hand...
(after he passed away, someone did a hand cast of his little hand and we had it bronzed a few years ago...it worked perfect).
Waylon's hand cast before we had it bronzedWe sang "Happy Birthday" and let the youngest of the crew blow out the candles on his cupcakes. All six of them.
The only thing better would have been to hear him blow out his own candles again....
No comments:
Post a Comment