About a week ago, someone hit our poor little cat on the road next to our house. Ed was taking the kids to school that morning when they found her on the side of the road. It was a sad occasion. (We have had a problem with the dogs and cat going "home" to our old house". They miss it too!) She was the perfect cat. She was black and white striped with an all white belly. Short hair and a perfect little "apple-face" (that's what my mom called it anyway). She stayed hidden a lot of the time, but would come around to eat, and for a good pet on the head after which she would rub her head on your leg to let you know that she loved you and then she'd leave again. I am not sure where she would hide, but it couldn't have been to far away because she would come when we called "Here kitty kitty" or "Here Missy". She was a great "mouser" too. Even Ed would have to admit that he liked her. He picked her up and took her to the back pasture at our farm and buried her for me. The fact that ED really doesn't like cats makes this next part of the story even better...
RK, AKA...Road Kill was found on the side of the road the other day. I do have pictures, and no, not of a dead cat. RK is a long-haired, orange, striped kitten. Ed and I were on our way home about a week ago from ShowLow. On the side of the highway was a this little, tiny kitten. She was eating "roadkill" (some dead bird or animal)...hence the name "Road Kill". When I told Ed that I had seen something little and orange, it intrigued us...thinking that it might be a fox...he turned around so that we could see what it was. There on the side of the highway, in the middle of nowhere, was this little kitten. When Ed pulled over, he asked me if I was going to get it...which surprised me...A LOT!...I got out and walked to where the little kitten was. I was a little concerned that she would run away and into the road where she would end up "roadkill" herself, so I tried to keep a little distance between her and I. (I'd be a liar if I said that I wasn't a little afraid of getting bit too!) I knelt down, put out my hand, and called "Here kitty, kitty!" She came running as fast as she could meowing all the way and all but jumped into my lap! She was so skinny! She must have been some one's pet. She was way too friendly to be some wild kitten. I walked back to the truck, still surprised that this little thing came to me. I got into the truck, Ed looked at me and then we started for home again. She seemed happy. She purred and purred all the way home.

Here is the special part. It was the day before that Missy left us. While we were driving home I was trying to think of someone who could use the cat food we had left. I had no intention of having a little kitty around again...as cool as Missy was, and so I was just going to get rid of it. About that same time, we found RK on the side of the road. Ha! Does the Lord know just what we need or what? Big or small...He knows just what we need and when we need it, and we are so grateful for that!
She really is a cute little thing. Winston and Wyndel pack her around like a little rag doll and she doesn't seem to care in the slightest. I think that she is just happy to have someone love her and feed her. Every morning when we get up she is at the front door waiting for us.
I love that the Lord knows us so well. I love that He is aware of our needs and our desires. I love that He loves to see us happy...and Road Kill makes us Happy!
No comments:
Post a Comment