
Winston, Wyndel and I drove to the Temple this morning after dropping off the older children at school. It's so lovely outside right now. All of the trees are starting to bloom and around the Temple, the tress are especially pretty. They remind me of the song "Popcorn Popping"...they look as if they are covered in fluffy, white popcorn pieces.

The Gardener for the temple grounds just planted all of the spring flowers that fill each of the flower beds...Pansies in bright yellows and purples. I LOVE this time of year!
As we pulled into the parking lot in front of the Temple, I noticed a trailer parked in front. I thought that this was a little strange. As we drove closer to the front I noticed the lack of cars as well and realized that it must be closed for maintenance.
For some reason, seeing the Temple closed made me panic a little. (I also felt a little cheated because I didn't get the "memo" that it was closed for maintenance)... Not sure why I felt so panicked though. Maybe it's because we have been trying to go there for the last few weeks with no success. Now I knew that I would have to wait even longer before I would be able to attend!
I enjoy going there with Ed. I enjoy the feeling that is there.
It's a place full of peace. A place full of love.
Some of the most precious answers to prayer have been answered there.
I love seeing others that I know there.
There is a kindness that flows from person to person. People smile...and I mean really SMILE.
I think that's one of my favorite parts about being there.
I imagine that this might be pretty close to what Heaven will be like.
Since my two oldest boys are now able to go to the Temple, I find myself wanting to go more frequently...

We go there on Sunday drives, as a family, after church and sometimes we do random "drive-by's", reminding each of our children the importance of this special place. Without it and the covenants we make there, we could not be an eternal family...Something that means so much to us.

What would it be like without that priceless place so close?
It often serves as our date night.
We have cleaned it as a ward.
We have cleaned it as a family.
We have gone there to serve.
We have gone there for peace.
We have gone there for answers.
We have gone there out of obedience.

(Taken with cousins Luke and Lauren in Dec. of 2009 just after the waterfall had froze)
1 comment:
I am so happy to see another post! I have checked your blog often hoping to see updates! It is priceless to have a Temple that close!
The thought of going someday with my own children makes me so happy!
Post a Comment