Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The day after...

It's already proving to be a lovely day again. It feels like Spring. I am so happy about this! Anyone who knows me, knows that I don't like Winter much...especially if the Winter is long, cold and snowy! This year hasn't been so bad...or maybe I'm just getting used to it?????
All and all, I am grateful for Spring. Infact, my sister-law and I spent a few dollars at the local dollar store on some "Spring looking" flowers to put in the pots by my front door last Saturday. (I know that they are not real, but until I can replace them with the real deal, they will have to do! I can't wait any longer!) Right after Waylon passed away, I was so tired of the dead, gray look everything around me had (the trees, the bushes, the grass...) so I decided our front porch needed a make over...it was in serious need of some color...I went to the nusurey and purchased a bunch of potted Geranimums...unfortunatly, my plan to create Spring at my home early was spoiled...Mother Nature always has a surprise at the end of the Winter season here. For as long as we have lived here, she's thrown one last freeze in the last part of March to ruin everything!!!!! And then...if you are not careful she just might surprise you again in April....and she usually does!!!
So...I am sticking to cheap, dollar store, silk flowers until further notice!
But, I can't wait for
this...

1 comment:

Giulia said...

I hope April comes super fast this year for you.