Tuesday, March 13, 2012

March 13th again????

It's been 4 years since "Little Man" left our presence here on earth.
The morning after Waylon left, Ed and I drove to the temple for some much needed quiet and alone time. As Ed came to the stop sign to turn onto Main St. I noticed all of the people sitting in their cars waiting for their breakfast to be delivered in paper sacks by some young kid on roller skates at Sonic. I saw a couple of mothers doing their morning walk through the neighborhood while the dads hustled off to work. Cars and buses were heading to the school to drop off children. As I watched this, a horrible, sick feeling came over me. "Didn't they realize that a darling little blond haired, blue-eyed boy just graduated from this life and moved on to the next?" I felt like the world should have paused...at least a moment...but it didn't...People still went about their typical business...not even realizing that this precious little boy left.
I turned and looked at Ed. He must have read my mind or was thinking the very same things because he said what I was feeling!
Looking back...although I thought it was rude that time marched on, I see that it can't stop...even for those moments in time when we wish so much that it could.
I have learned and am still learning so much from this experience.
Miracles happen when death occurs.
Sacred things happen to families that experience death.
Heaven is closer...and for a brief moment in time it feels like it's right within reach...like you can almost grab it!
I heard someone express these very same feelings the other day. It truly is such a peaceful feeling of love and tenderness....It's HEAVEN~
EVERY YEAR (since that day), we do our annual "Taco Bell" lunch together. I really don't necessarily like Taco Bell, but that is where we shared our last lunch together as a family, and so it's become a tradition.
EVERY YEAR we visit "Waylon's house"...(that's what Winston calls it.)
EVERY YEAR, I pray that the weather will PLEASE be calm and quite...sunny with little wind. March 13th 2008 was a beautiful day...sunny and warm(er) and NO wind (a miracle for the month of March were we live).
ALMOST EVERY YEAR, we have something crazy happen on the 13th....
EVERY YEAR I wonder if it really does get easier...
EVERY YEAR I recognize that it does and that time IS a wonderful healer.
EVERY YEAR, I am reminded that we have so many wonderful friends and family that "remember" too...
EVERY YEAR that passes, I feel so blessed and so loved...how grateful I am for that!
I am so grateful for tender mercies...like a calm, warm Spring morning!
Today is a great start to a beautiful day!
Always remembering...
January 17, 2006-March 13, 2008

5 comments:

NICOLE said...

My heart goes out to your family today!What a precious little boy you were blessed with!

Giulia said...

This is another beautiful post. I didn't realize today was that day.
Truly the tender mercies of the Lord have accompanied you and your family in these past four years...otherwise how could you inspire people the way you do?! His Spirit permeates your words.
I am so glad you have the kind of faith that has allowed the Lord to carry you. And I am also glad you live close to a Temple.
There is nothing like the Temple on this earth.

My thoughts are with you all.

Andee said...

You have an amazing family and I am grateful so much that you share your experiences with all of us so we can learn from your example. Your awesome! Hugs

The Yarn Barn said...

Sara, I don't know if you remember or if I ever said anything to you after but Mike and I saw you that morning in the temple. Right at the front desk, I remember something telling me to give you a hug and ask if everything was ok but I didn't know why and I didn't want to but in not knowing what was wrong. I still feel so bad for not saying something and for not knowing yet what had happened. I am sorry for this. We didn't find out till we got to our babysitters right after and all I could do was cry. I remember crying all week it seemed, always asking Mike, WHY! I think it was hard for me cause our babies were so close in age and I kept thinking what if. I want you to know though that you guys are AMAZING, you hold together so well, you show such faith. You are great examples to everyone, especially those who have lost loved ones and may be having a harder time showing faith. Eternal families are such a comfort and I am truely thankful for them. I am blessed to know you and your family, we love you guys and miss seeing your faces. Thank you for all your beautiful posts

The Ulrich Clan said...

Brandi...I didn't know that. I'll have to talk to you later about it. It was a neat experience. Miss you guys too. Hope you all are doing well.