March 21, 2009
We went to the temple this morning with some friends from the Valley. It was a nice break from the daily routine. It was wonderful to sit in the temple and ponder. Every time I go though, I think of the morning after Waylon's accident and how we sat in that very same room, praying that Heavenly Father would heal our broken hearts.
We went to the temple this morning with some friends from the Valley. It was a nice break from the daily routine. It was wonderful to sit in the temple and ponder. Every time I go though, I think of the morning after Waylon's accident and how we sat in that very same room, praying that Heavenly Father would heal our broken hearts.
Today marks a year from the day we buried Waylon. Fortunately, my sister Becky and her family came to visit along with our friends Jenny and Brian and their kids. It kept our minds busy and off of those sad events.
I am grateful that we have such good friends...I am even more grateful that we have wonderful brothers and sisters, and parents that have been so good to us, so thoughtful and so inspired. I love them all.
Last Friday...March 13th to be exact, we decided to take a much needed break and head to the Valley. After loading the Excursion with our belongings, Ed helped the boys load a dirt bike onto the metal rack that we use to haul our gear around (it attaches directly into the trailer hitch). While trying to load the bike, Wyatt's finger got caught in the sprocket...whatever that is...and it took a large portion of the tip of his finger and nail off. It was a yucky sight! I thought for sure that it was broken. Either way we were off to Dr. Hardy's office. There wasn't much that he could do however. No stitches...nothing left to stitch. He simply cleaned and wrapped it and sent us on our way. Poor kid.
We decided that March 13th wasn't our lucky day!
We decided that March 13th wasn't our lucky day!

No comments:
Post a Comment