Each of our kids have received this award at one time or another...and each time, we get to have our picture taken with the "Outstanding Citizen". After Waylon's death, we recognized the importance of sharing these moments together as a family...not just for the kids, but for Ed and I as well. How precious these little pictures are. They mean the world to us. Our last family picture with Waylon was when Wylee received her "Outstanding Citizenship Award"...He passed from us later that same day.I mentioned this to someone the other day...she had commented on that last family photo that sits on our buffet. I told her that "I don't believe in irony...I don't believe there is such a thing..." I continued, "I believe that the Lord inspires us, and we may not recognize it until after the fact." A friend in Heber that recently lost their 9 month old boy in a horrible accident, had just had her little boys picture taken...something she said was out of the norm for her because she usually has each of her kids pictures taken on their first birthday. She wanted to have pictures taken of him before he got too big. What a blessing for her...she picked up the pictures from the photographer the day before he died. She had no idea that she had been "inspired", until after the fact. I am certain, just as Ed and I do, that she thanks Father in Heaven frequently for that "inspiration", "thought", "feeling", "idea" whatever you want to call it. I think so often that we think that these "ideas" are ours, but really I believe the credit for the "ideas" goes to Father in Heaven.
It wasn't coincidence that our whole family just happened to be together for that picture, or the activities that followed...it was "inspired". Father in Heaven knew how important it would be for us to have that last moment together with Waylon...I think He knew that it was important to Waylon to have that last moment with us as well.
1 comment:
Sylvia and I always comment on how you are the most amazing, faithful and strong person we've ever met!
Post a Comment