I had a dream about "Little Man" last night... I sure do miss the little guy. Ed says that maybe it was an early Christmas present from Waylon to me. The handful of dreams that I have had about him seem so real to me and I am grateful for them...
One night a few months ago, I dreamed that he quietly came into my room, sucking his little thumb, said "mom" and then quietly left again. It was so real, that I woke up and expected to see him...I kind of think that I even said "Waylon" out loud.
One night a few months ago, I dreamed that he quietly came into my room, sucking his little thumb, said "mom" and then quietly left again. It was so real, that I woke up and expected to see him...I kind of think that I even said "Waylon" out loud. He is a very unique and special little boy.
Today we are going to the cemetary to put a little Christmas tree next to his little grave. We thought it would be nice if the kids made some ornaments to put on it. We also thought we'd have each of the kids write a little note to him and hang them from the tree as well. They all seemed pretty excited about it.


Normally we'd hitch up "Waylon's Wagon" to Mattie and Doc (our Belgian horses) and ride in it to the cemetary, but it's pretty chilly out today and it looks like we might get some snow soon...We'll have to see what happens.

1 comment:
Okay Sarah,
I have ALWAYS thought you were the cutest thing EVER! (you used to work with my sister Marci Bird?!! not that I expect you to remember...) However excited I was to look into your lovely corner of the earth, I found my heart sink beyond the floor when I read about your sweet little boy. This may sound so bizarre... but I'm going to admit it to you any way... This past summer I took my children to the rodeo in Taylor for Pioneer days. I saw you and Ed there with your kids. You were holding one of them on your lap. I wished I would have said HI, but I seriously doubted if you would even recognize me and I felt stupid at the brain freeze I was having trying to remember your names. I just knew that I was looking at somebody that I remembered thinking was AMAZING! But you looked sad and I couldn't get you out of my mind... I actually thought about you on and off for several weeks. So as you can imagine I was elated to peek into your life when I recognized your name on Jennie's blog list.
I am so sorry to read about your sweet little boy. I don't have anything comforting to say because undoubtebly I will jumble it up and say something crazy. But I do know how much a mom loves her little ones. And I can hardly imagine what you have felt over the past few months. I am so thankful for God's tender mercies. I believe with all my heart that your dreams are a small glimpse of some of those. You are so lucky to have that little guy forever!
Hang in there. I will keep thinking of you.
Becky
Post a Comment