Thursday, September 10, 2009

So...This is my life...


I am discovering that trials are just another every day occurrence around the here. But, with the trials that come, I am also discovering how blessed my life really is!


While we were in Idaho a few weeks ago visiting family, Ed and I had the opportunity to visit the Twin Falls Temple with his parents, his Grandpa, and his Aunt Zena and Uncle David. It was a very special experience...


After our trip, we discovered, much to our surprise, that we were going to have a visit from our favorite bird...MR. STORK! However, that following weekend, we were sadly mistaken. I'm still not sure what all I am suppose to learn from this new experience...Except that I feel like I have been given yet another opportunity to grow even closer to my Father in Heaven. While experiencing this sad misfortune, I realized that Heavenly Father had blessed me with the wisdom to know that it was going to happen even before it took place. I recognize that He has blessed me with a sound body and mind, and a spirit that is capable of knowing precious truths if I am willing to listen...and boy, am I trying!


I've never walked in this pair of shoes before...I never understood the sorrow that follows a pregnancy cut short. I suppose I am better equipped now to mourn with those that might, at some point, experience this sort of trial too.


Although I have learned some new things, it now brings to mind a lingering question that haunts Ed's thoughts I am sure...Are there indeed more little spirits waiting on the other side wanting to join our family unit? Was this just simply another trial to bring us once again to our knees...to teach us to depend on Father in Heaven...or was it intended to show us that Heavenly Father has other plans for our family than what we had thought?


Ed and I had come to the conclusion just before Winston was born that we were probably done having children. 6 is a nice round number...and besides the chance of us having another girl is slim with 5 boys running the show. Wylee just might be destined to be the "Petunia in the Onion Patch!"


Now what?


While I was up the other night thinking about all of this, I questioned Heavenly Father. "Can't you just please show me if I am indeed making the right choices or tell me what it is that I am suppose to do? If I could just know!?!" Then, a thought crossed my mind..."Sarah, if I showed you what it is you should do all of the time, you wouldn't come to Me for help or guidance. You would learn to depend on yourself for the answers you seek."


Isn't that where we just might be as a society? Do we rely on Father in Heaven for guidance? Or, do we seek for the answers elsewhere? Doctors, counselors, books, friends, family members...all of which are great...in moderation. But, ultimately, for myself, I believe that the real guidance and answers I seek, come from a loving Father in Heaven through prayer and scripture study. Don't get me wrong, I continually use other sources to help me through these trials I have been experiencing, such as family and friends, but I know in the end, He is the only one that will give me the guidance that I need and He is the only one that knows me and knows what I need.


I feel it's a great blessing to know this. Now, if I can just hold on to this bit of truth and remember tomorrow when things get tough again!


I AM BLESSED!

1 comment:

Tiffanyrose said...

I am so sorry that you lost that little spirit. You of all people are strong enough to look at the entirety of the situation and understand. Have you decided if another W will join the family or not? Miss you too.