**Not so sure about the flavor...**
If you ask him to smile, this is the face you are sure to see!
He is such a fun boy...and growing up all to quickly.**
He is such a busy little boy now...he used to crawl into our bed, between Ed and I, and would snuggle up next to me, hugging my arm until he was fast asleep. When he would wake, he would wake me with kisses on my cheek and after each kiss a "Dank You" in his sweetest, toddler voice. Then he'd smile his biggest, sweetest smile...such a sweet little angel. I miss those mornings. They have been replaced with his business...hunting for someone or something to play with. He thinks, in his little mind, that he is BIG stuff...ready to take on the world...his way!!!
I think that most little boys might be this way when they are almost "2".
It reminds me of a poem that my brother-in-law, Wes, wrote for my Waylon after observing him and his busy day...
Waylon's Day
I'm awake and well rested,
It's the start of a new day.
There is so much to do,
So I'm on my way.
First I'll eat breakfast,
Standing on top of my chair
I'll make a BIG mess,
But my mom won't care.
There go my brothers
and my sister to school,
I'll miss them so much,
They're so very cool.
And there goes my Dad,
He's my favorite guy.
I hope he come back,
To kiss me goodbye.
I am helping my Mom
clean up all of the toys.
I love my new tractor,
Just like other little boys.
Now I'm outside,
Playing with my Dad's tools.
I'll be like him someday,
My Daddy HE RULES!
Now everyone is home,
And it's time to eat dinner.
I'm all messy again,
Be patient, I'm a beginner!
It's now time to bathe,
To read and to pray.
I need lots of good rest,
For tomorrow's a new day.
Funny thing is, that was so my day with Waylon and Winston is no different! Its amazing the similarities between the two boys and yet they are so different.
Winston talks so much now that Wydel is here. He discovered his voice very early, copying as best he could, each of us. Now he forms words, and whole sentences and is speaking clearly...often making his points VERY clear! Waylon was so quite...an observer in many ways. Often, I wonder if Waylon didn't speak because if he could have, he would have shared secrets from the other side.
Oh...How I love these two little guys, their business and darling faces!
1 comment:
Thank you Sarah!
Post a Comment