Monday, January 5, 2009

Reaching for the Hand of God...


"Out of My arms and into yours,
I place this spirit into your care.

Hold this little one extra close,

a part of Heaven lingers there."


Winston Edward
7 days old...



Do you ever wonder how difficult it must be for our Father in Heaven to let go such a precious, tiny hand...


When I first viewed the pictures of Winston, I recall this one of his little hand being my favorite.


It was as though he was reaching towards the Heavens...reaching for the hand of God..the Hand that just let his go for a while.

As difficult as it was letting go such a precious, tiny hand here in mortality when Waylon passed away, I can't imagine the pain that Heavenly Father must feel each time one of these special spirits enters mortality, and He has to say "Good-Bye" for a while.

I am not sure who the credit goes to for the poem up above, but I love it. These precious little ones should never be taken for granted. They are so fresh and new...special little people without a care...trusting and perfect.

When Winston was born, something very special happened. I won't share the details because they are for me... but I remember thinking that this little person would change how I viewed things. When I looked at him, it was not as a small infant, helpless and new, but as an adult spirit, knowing much more than I. It was very hard to look at him as a baby...rather I found myself looking at him as someone that would teach me...and he is. I am certain that Heavenly Father knew what He was doing, sending this new little baby after Waylon's death. I am certain that he knew what changes it could and would bring to our family.

When Waylon was a baby, I remember wanting to have some pictures taken...pictures similar to the ones taken of Winston above. My sister Mary and I tried taking some of our two baby boys together...Waylon and Steele. They didn't turn out as well as the ones of Winston...I'll admit, photography is not my talent. However, I'm grateful that I at least have them. For whatever reason, the one thing that I remember most of Waylon, are his tiny, chubby hands. Perfect...with lots of dimples.




Letting that little hand go, was a very hard thing...it still is. Is it a glimpse of what Father in Heaven feels when He lets us go for this earthly challenge? I don't know...I imagine the reuniting with Waylon on the other side will be something like I have felt each time we bring another beautiful baby into this world. JOY! I imagine that the Lord must have been filled with JOY when He saw Little Waylon again.




Almost every thought that I have of him, I can see those tiny, little hands. And so, I am grateful that we were able to have one of his little hands cast in plaster before he was buried. I know, it may sound a bit morbid, but really, when I take it out of the safe, and hold it in my hands, something happens...it's the only tangible thing of him that we have left...yes, there are toys, clothes, shoes, sippy cups, and car seats, but that little hand fits so perfectly in mine...it makes my heart leap knowing that I have something of just him.






























2 comments:

Edna Guerrero said...

AMAZING pictures! You have a way with words that just get to me. I love to read your blog. The way you write just 'pulls' me in and I just can't explain it but it's very heartfelt. Also, I find nothing morbid about making a cast of Waylon's hand... that has got to be the most precious thing ever! You truely inspire me!

ClayandAmeeHensley said...

WOW! Sarah you are one of the greatest people I have ever met. You make me want to be a better person. I love the little pictures and I agree you have a way with words that just makes you want to read more. Your little Waylon is a special little boy and I am glad that you have that little hand to hold. Make me not want to take my little hands for granted..