What a very special blessing!
To have your little child returned to you after closing his eyes for what I am sure seemed to them, forever.
Not sure why we had to view this clip today...it will be two years tomorrow that our little man closed his little, blue, eyes for the last time...watching this was bitter sweet. But, I am grateful that their little boy's life was spared. It is just another wonderful testimony of the fact that our Father in Heaven truly does answer ALL of our prayers...even when they don't seem to be exactly as we planned or had in mind. I know that He heard every cry...plea...prayer, made on our behalf...and He continues to hear them. He has been ever so kind to us and blesses us daily.
Tonight, at the temple, Ed made the comment..."we should make this our tradition"...returning to the temple on this the anniversary. We went the day after he died for peace and comfort...we went today out of obedience and to learn...The fact that we have been sealed as a family for the eternities has new meaning for us...a blessing that has come from the tragedy of loosing a sweet, innocent child. I find myself seeking to learn more and more...asking questions, finding ways to do better. I pray every night for help to be a better mother to my other children. I pray for strength to teach them the right things... to help them gain their own testimonies of the eternities and the importance of choosing the right and keeping the commandments so that we can ALL be together on the other side when the Lord finally calls us all home to live with him again. It is such a difficult task, as every mother knows, to be the "perfect wife, mother, house keeper, teacher, friend"...the list goes on and on.
As I listened to this other mother talk about her sons accident, I was sadly reminded how quickly everything can change and that it doesn't take but a moments neglect before the perfect moment can be turned into a horrible tragedy. I know exactly were I was and what I was doing the moment I heard Ed calling to me for help...I was inspired to always remember, that blaming myself or anyone else, would never solve or bring back this precious little boy that Heavenly Father wanted home with him. Ed and I have fortunately grown closer together I think through all of this. Sometimes we don't talk about things for fear of bringing up very tender emotions and thoughts...but often, when WE do talk about things, we discover we are actually thinking the same thoughts and sharing the very same emotions. I love this man for this! We are discovering together!
I thank Heavenly Father for the confidence he has in me and in Ed to allow us to have all of these very special and unique spirits in our home!
Here is to tomorrow...may it be a special day of remembering a very special little boys life...
4 comments:
I was thinking about little Waylon today- thanks for your post. I always love to read what you are thinking about, we don't get to talk or see eachother enough and this helps fill that little hole for me. See you soon!!!
We were just talking about little Waylon the other day...seeing as how Mia's "birth" day as his passing were so close together, so we always especially remember him and you guys around this time. Special thoughts and prayers to you and your family today. We will be remembering also...
Hi there...I found you through the comments from the Stakerz blog. I just wanted to say that I've sat here in tears reading your blog. I am praying for a healthy pregnancy/delivery and life with your new little girl. I am praying for healing and for God to comfort you two as the years progress. I wish I could hug you and I don't even know you. I pray that you feel your son's love beaming down from heaven each and every day!
Tears, hugs and prayers!
love,
Shelby from Texas.
I was following their blog during this crazy time in their lives, it was so hard to feel her emotion through her words. Their story taught me alot. I thought about your family alot too. I hope your family is doing good this past couple of days. Our thought are with ya :)
Post a Comment