
Well, at first, I will admit, they were not the cutest little pups...they actually looked more like rats if you asked me, but, now that they have grown up, these little things have each taken on their very own personalities and sweetness...It has been quite the treat watching them grow...
My favorite in the first few weeks after they were born was the little one laying on it's back...she was the only one born with a white body and a brown head...also the runt at the time. She was the sassiest of them all...already showing her daring personality. She was one of the first to open her little peepers and the first to find her little voice...her first attempt at a growl and bark were hilarious!Each of our kids has their very favorite one...they say that a person picks the dog with characteristics much like their own...it's crazy, but true...

Wesley picked one of the biggest pups...solid white with a small speck (more like a freckle) on it's hind end. He calls him "Tad". "Tad" has more of a square head with floppy ears...he is just beginning to get the "ticking" that is common with the Jack Russell breed. He has little black lips and a black nose. He is, I have to admit, one of the cutest of them all. He probably isn't the most desirable of the Jack Russell's because of his solid color, but he sure caries the best temperament and boxy face of all of them. Like Wesley, he can appear to be timid until he is familiar with the situation...he loves a good game of wrestling and he loves to snuggle and be close.

Wyatt picked one of the smaller pups. She is prominently white with a splat of light brown on the top of her head about the size of a quarter. It's funny! It looks like a bird flew by and pooped right on top of her little head. She is darling and seems to be every ones favorite when it comes to her temperament. Wyatt calls her "Lacy" because "it fits her" he says. She loves to snuggle and sleep...not like Wyatt at all, but when it comes to the very friendly temperament, it is Wyatt exactly! Everyone loves Wyatt...at least that is what Wesley says. Lacy loves to explore...again just like Wyatt...but, somehow manages to get hurt in the process every time...(paws stepped on, nose in the door, etc.) She is definitely the one of the sweetest. She has become the favorite of my niece Sierah too...I thought for sure we would find her in Sierah's bag when she was leaving my moms house last week.


Will Jaye, like his mother, fell in love with the little brown headed pup...Ed likes to call her "Poop head", but to Will, her name is Lucy. I am not sure why he picked that name, my assumption is after our late Lucy that passed just after our little Waylon. (She was Waylon's as far as Waylon was concerned and I guess he needed her with him, more than we needed her here with us!) Will Jaye took Lucy's loss, I think, as hard as I did. I loved that dog more than any other dog we have had! This new little Lucy, we'll call her "Lucy II", is just as spunky as Will Jaye! Tons of energy and loves to tease! She is always picking on her bothers and sisters much like my Will Jaye does to his brothers and sister! She has a different look too...again much like our little Will. "Lucy II" hangs her tongue out of her mouth all of the time! Her little face is so...Well, it's as if she's egging one on to a challenge...the little wheels in her head appear to always be going...just like Will Jaye's!

Wylee has picked the one that will probably turn out to look most like her mother. Wylee calls her "Macey". She certainly has one of the most mild temperaments. She is pretty easy going...much like Wylee. She doesn't' really care whats going on around her...she does her own thing and is content. I did notice today, while giving "Macey" a bath, that she has no problem telling you she is unhappy about something. She down right growled at me when I tried to dry her off and then proceeded to sass off at her brother! Sounds exactly like my little princess Wylee! She has a brownish ear and a few other little spots here and there. It appears that if any of them will have long fur, it will be her. She is not the biggest, and not the smallest, she is just right. As I said before, she will probably be much like her mother in looks and in temperament. I wonder if Wylee will be like her mother too???


Winston likes all of them! However, I see him trying to carry the chubbiest of the pups around the most...we call her "FATSO"! She is almost twice the size of the smallest pup "STUBS". The two pups (Fatso and Stubs) are exactly opposite! "Fatso" has a white body with brown ring around her right eye and a black nose...the opposite ear has a brown spot. "Stubs" has a white body with a brown ring around his left eye and a few little brown spots on his right ear. He too has a cute little black nose. He is short and stubby (hence the name) and "Fatso" has longer legs which makes her appear much taller than "Stubs".


I think that "Stubs" has become my favorite. He is so typical of my favorite Jack Russell (the one from Frazier). He is as smart as any of the Jack Russell dogs and has such a sweet, playful attitude. He loves to lick my nose when I hug him. He fits inside my purse and loves to be held. If I had the opportunity to keep another I think that it would be him...however, I don't think that it would be an easy task to pick just one! They are all so cute!!!!
Now they are old enough to find new homes for them...I think that it is going to be very difficult. WE have ALL grown to love each of them...EVEN ED! (I think that Ed secretly likes Mr. STUBS too...) But, we can't keep them all...as much as I would love to. So, we will be advertising them in the local feed stores and by word of mouth. Hopefully they will each make someone else as happy as they have made us for the last few months.
No comments:
Post a Comment