Wednesday, April 8, 2009

"Daddeeee!"

Waylon never really said a whole lot...as I have said before, he was an observer. He watched and took it all in. But, when it came to his daddy...there was no mistaking it...he loved him dearly! I do believe that was one of his first words. When he was old enough to get around, he wouldn't let Ed out of his sight.

It seemed to be the morning ritual...Waylon really liked one of Ed's workers...Jim...(ironically that is the other name he knew so well)...When Jim arrived (always early) Waylon greeted him, "Jim". I would get the kids ready for school and make breakfast and then Waylon and I would sit down together, next to the fireplace or at the kitchen table, and eat our cereal or oatmeal. Ed would shower and get ready and then we would have family prayer. After, Ed would rush the kids out the door and take them to school. If Ed was not careful about sneaking out however, Waylon would run to the back door crying, with tears in his sweet little eyes, "Daddeee! Daddeee!" Then, sometimes, he would pound on it until Ed would come back and get him. Sometimes, he would just lay on the ground in front of the door crying "Daddeee!" until he would find his little thumb and quiet down again.

I think that has been one of the most bitter sweet things for Ed. How he longs to hear "Daddeee!" from our sweet little man. He said it with such a sweet, tender longing...wanting to be with his favorite person in the whole wide world...his daddy.

Well, this morning, that longing to hear that sweet tender sound happened, sort of...only, this time, it came from his newest little buddy.

As we rushed the children out of the house today, after breakfast and family prayer, the door shut behind them and I hear..."Dadda! Dadda! Dadda!" There is that sweet pleading again! Only this time, it came from little Winston. He was so unhappy! He couldn't run to the door like Waylon, (he is only scooting) but boy did he get to that door fast, crying the whole entire way, "Dadda, Dadda!" I had to call Ed on his cell phone so that he could hear this little boy that has, like his big brother, become so attached to his daddy! I think that it made Ed happy!

Is Winston an answer to so many prayers...You bet! All of our children are so special...we love them so much. Winston came at a time when the Lord knew we would need him to help heal our very broken hearts.

I am glad that Winston loves his daddy so much...do I feel any less loved, or left out??? Not one little bit. I know that these little boys love me...I am just thrilled that they have that kind of relationship with their dad. There are many in this world that can't say that they have any kind of a relationship with their dads.

We are BLESSED!

5 comments:

Emily Webb said...

Man Sarah you sure do know how to put thoughts into words! I really am greatful for your thoughts and I know that seems really silly, but your thoughts help me out in my own selfish way everytime I do have a chance to sit and read. Thanks you and I love you! Hope you realize how often you and your sweet family are prayed for!

Becky Filhart said...

That is beautiful, thanks for sharing such a special memory!

Edna Guerrero said...

As always.. you amaze me with your writing. You have no idea how much reading your blog helps me with my own issues. Thank you!

The Filhart Family said...

Isn't it wonderful to have such good husbands. Steele wants nothing to do with me when Wes is around. I'll have to post the video I took on my phone of Steele screaming when Wes went to mutual the other night. He cried for almost 30 minutes before I decided to load him and Gideon in the car and take them out for hot dogs. It broke my heart to see him so sad, but made me realize what a good dad Wes really is.

Anonymous said...

that is so sweet you are a awesome mom and a awesome family!!