Friday, April 3, 2009

What???


Last night, we were sitting around the kitchen table eating dinner. Will Jaye, my 8 year old says, "Mom, I know why Blue's eye is swollen (Blue is our dog)...Tanner (a neighbor up the road and bully from school) shot him in the eye with his bee bee gun!" The kids were so mad...they couldn't believe that this kid would do that to their dog. I reassured them that he probably didn't shoot Blue in the eye (come on...that is a pretty darn good shot for an 7 year old!) and that he was just trying to make them mad and make himself look cool. I told them that Tanner, indeed, was not a very nice little boy if he goes around shooting peoples dogs and then talks about it like it is no big deal. I told them that we shouldn't do things of the sort. About that time, Wylee, our 6 year old, pipes in..."Yeah! He is not very nice! He might grow up to be a German!" "What!" I laughed? "German's are bad right?" she says. I could hardly contain my laughing...where in the world did she hear that? And then it dawned on me! We've watched the Discovery channel and History channel...and a lot of documentaries about WWII, Hitler, etc. A few week's ago, we watched the movie "The Boy in Stripped Pajamas"...which was a movie about WWII and how cruel Hitler was to the Jews and such. Isn't it interesting what these little one's take in...her idea of cruel people is that "they must be a German"....I quickly had to inform her that Germans are not bad at all, and that we have German blood running through our very own veins. I forget how perceptive these little ones are...

Wylee Elisabeth 2008
How I love my children...

1 comment:

Tiffanyrose said...

Well, those sneaky Germans will get you every time! LOL that is really funny.